See what makes Carriage House one of the largest Store Brand food suppliers in the United States tick. Behind the scenes, The Carriage House Companies, Inc. has over 1000 full-time and seasonal employees nationwide to ensure your complete satisfaction. Read what we're all about!
Carriage House takes considerable pride in providing superior service to all of our customers.
- Real-time computer system allows Carriage House's trained staff to promptly respond to inquiries regarding an order's status
- EDI capabilities allow direct computer-to-computer order processing, acknowledgments and advance ship notices
- Leading CRP/VMI software designed to generate "optimum orders" by minimizing overstocks and eliminating out-of-stocks
- Carriage House Holiday Closings
Quality Assurance and R&D
Careful selection of only the choicest ingredients and special attention to quality assure our customers' needs are being met.
- Over 100 years of Food Quality plant, system, inspection, food safety and corporate experience
- Plants are BRC certified to meet GFSI requirements
- Annual capital investments specific to food safety improvements
- HACCP program includes 3rd party audits by an independent consulting group
- Standardized Ralcorp Supplier Expectation Manual provided to all suppliers to insure that quality and food safety systems are in place
- Sensory Insights Center and full time sensory staff for evaluating performance of new and existing products and ingredients
- Product / Process Optimization group staffed with certified six sigma team members focused on improving product consistency in the manufacturing systems through variation reduction and centering of process targets
- Nutritional & Regulatory Scientist reviews NLEA label information and product claims for validity and accuracy
- Over 150 years of Product / Process development in the food industry including branded, private label, and foodservice experience
- Product Innovation driven through programs, both internal and external, and driven by customer-specific and category-specific insights identified by our market research team
From the fields, through handling and transportation, and on to processing and packaging, our tradition of excellence continues.
- Plant Locations - Fredonia, NY - Dunkirk, NY - Streator, IL - Buckner, KY
- A highly skilled and dedicated work force committed to making the best products possible
- Multiple plants to ensure ample capacity and service
Each member of the Purchasing team plays an important role in sourcing high quality packaging and raw materials at competitive costs.
- Facilities are located in close proximity to raw materials resulting in lower "inbound" freight costs
- Experienced staff possess in-depth packaging and raw material knowledge and experience with buyers dedicated to key commodities
- Information systems provide current and future market conditions and forecasts
- Our MRP system provides us the opportunity to match your forecasted needs to the varied harvest cycles of our worldwide supply base
- Constantly reviewing our sustainability impact and minimizing our carbon footprint is a key consideration in Carriage Houses 'material sourcing program
For over 80 years, we have delivered great Store Brand foods throughout the U.S.
- Nationwide multi-plant processing and distribution
- Dependable, on time service currently rated at 98%
- Complete delivery systems tailored to your needs
- National and international expertise available to aid our customers in making the most economical distribution decisions
- Knowledgeable distribution personnel dedicated to serving you, our customer Multi-plant distribution available from New York to California and points in between
From providing product information to increasing shelf appeal, Carriage House develops labeling with our customers' merchandising plan in mind.
- All labels are reviewed for accuracy and meeting all Federal guidelines
- Designs services are available to meet any need
At Carriage House, we know that our success is measured by the growth and success of our customers.
- Over 25 professional Sales and Marketing Managers extensively trained in marketing store brands
- Services includes trend using syndicated marketing data, along with various merchandising programs to maximize profitable volume and promotional calendars to assist in planning volume generating merchandising events.
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting of National Brand changes in formulation, packaging, pricing and promotion programs ensures the value of Store Brands
- State of the art infrastructure with WAN communications to four plants with a full Business Recovery Plan in place Robust and comprehensive ERP software utilized with fully integrated manufacturing, distribution, and financial applications Extensive EDI applications support
- Experienced and helpful technical support staff
HR, Benefits and Safety
The Human Resources team plays a major leadership role as a strategic business partner in supporting the mission of The Carriage House Companies, Inc. and in maintaining a skilled and qualified work team
- Supports and maintains the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource and are treated as such
- Promote positive change through communication and training programs
- Supports an environment that all employees can contribute at optimum levels towards the success of the company and its customers
- Provide a work environment that is safe, healthy, and secure and also sensitive of long-term family and community goals
- Major supporter of local community and charitable programs such as United Way and School to Work Programs
We may have a new name, but for decades we have been a leader in the manufacturing of Store Brand food products. If you have the world-class talent and meet the requirements listed to assist us in growing our business consider joining our team in the following opportunities.